Quote :

"Insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Time!

It's time to start practicing multiplication facts. I recommend that your child visit one of the links on my blog to practice math facts. You can also purchase a set of flash cards. If you've noticed, my door is covered with the 3's facts along with the answers. My students must give me a multiplication fact as they leave my classroom. This is something you can do at home. We will soon begin our 1 min tests. I will start with the 2's, 5's, 10's, 11's, 9's and so on. I am not going in order. I do it this way because these are the facts that are easier for students to remember. It is easy for them to see a pattern. Ask them to show you the 9's trick that I've showed them using their fingers. See if they remember the 2nd trick. (9x7= one less than 7 which is 6, 6 plus what number equals 9? 6+3=9, See the answer? 63)

No comments:

Post a Comment